Plotmeister is a tool for visualization of data files.
- GUI for selecting columns for plotting (x axis, y axis and optional z axis for 3D data)
- loads data file with any number of data columns
- explore data in real-time with adjustable sliders (variable columns)
- uses gnuplot for actual plotting
- supports multiple projects
- written in python
- comes with tools for parsing arbitrary files into the plotmeister data file (.pmd)
- plots may be written to eps files
Since the data files need to be well formatted there are two powerful backend tools (palo and pm_tools) for parsing arbitrary files based on simple template description. This makes parsing log files or output from scientific applications easy.
Plotmeister was written by Sascha Hunold, I have added some functionality and I have written the palo backend tools for parsing data files.
Plotmeister is free software distributed under the GNU General Public License V2 or later.